WE-cycle is rolling into Carbondale mid-summer with 17 (yes, that’s right 17) new stations accommodating 80 bikes/ebikes. That means that at any one time, up to 80 people can cycle in and around town for free 30-minute rides. Bikesharing provides an incredible opportunity to replace vehicle trips with emission-free bike commuting and errands pedaling, plus it is a faster way to travel distances too far to walk. You can also hop on one of our bikes for short trips to get some fresh air and exercise and use Carbondale’s extensive bike paths. WE-cycle bikes are available 24 hours a day and the Carbondale System is striving to be the only town in the Roaring Fork Valley providing reliable, free bicycle transportation every day of the year, weather dependent.
Station locations have been strategically selected with the Town of Carbondale and built upon community feedback. Stations placements are intended to create a comprehensive network to connect transit, housing, and commerce with a focus on equity, higher-density housing, and neighborhoods/areas not served by the Carbondale circulator.
Riding WE-cycle improves our air quality, reduces our impact on climate change, and helps our state of mind. Our vision is that “WE” can pedal towards a sustainable, healthy, and connected future. As we grow and expand, our aim is to transform the Roaring Fork Valley into a region that prioritizes bicycles over vehicles, replaces traffic congestion with vibrancy, improves our visitor experience, and demonstrates innovation and leadership. We believe these values and goals are strongly aligned with those of Carbondale residents and visitors and we are looking forward to sharing both our bicycles and our enthusiasm with your community.
- WE-cycle is a 501(c)(3) not for profit with the mission to connect people to place with free community bikeshare.
- WE-cycle opened in Aspen in 2013, in the Mid-Valley in 2016, and the two stations of the Snowmass Bikeshare Connector in 2020.
- WE-cycle is funded through a public/private partnership with RFTA, local jurisdictions, sponsorships from businesses and organizations, and donors.
- As of 2023, RFTA is the primary funder of WE-cycle and thereby the Roaring Fork Valley’s bikeshare services, in partnership with local jurisdictions. RFTA is funding the regional costs and each jurisdiction their direct local operation costs, i.e. the Town of Carbondale has invested in bikeshare as it aligns with their climate plan, transportation plan, and community objectives and recently adopted master plan.
- Local businesses and organizations sponsor WE-cycle to demonstrate their alignment with the communities’ goals of reducing traffic and improving air quality.
- WE-cycle is designed for short, transit-oriented trips. Whether you want to get to the bus faster or make a one-way trip across town, WE-cycle is there for you.
- Rides under 30 minutes are FREE, every time. After 30 minutes, Late Fees are: + $0.50 per minute for pedal bikes and + $5.00 per minute for e-bikes.
- Interested in longer rides? Rent from a bike shop.
Get to know us!
We’ll be out and about these coming months so keep your eyes peeled at various events and places. We’ll be happy to help you sign up and answer questions in both English and Spanish.
Interested in us coming to your business or organization? We’d love to! Please reach out to email@example.com.